Sunday, December 16, 2007

Child in the garbage

I was touched by the picture so much that
I wondered the emotions in the child.
For a moment I was in the sweltering heat and dirt,
tired, hungry and spent.
I wondered if the child thought .......
I will live... atleast another day
I will eat... atleast another morsel
sorry birdie, you are wasting your time
for I will live atleast today.
My mother is waiting on the other side
But why is her body shattered and torn?
Why are the vultures feasting on her?
why isn't she coming to me?
Mustn't look back I must keep moving on
Can still hear my Mommy say
"Keep moving on to the gates on the hem,
Vulture would follow
So never stay still Keep moving forward
and never look back
You must live Live another day.."
But why did we move out of our homes ?
Why did they burn down the fields?
Why did they poison the wells and the ponds ?
Why did they kill my father and brothers?
Birdie I know you will follow me
Wait till this last ounce of life leaves
But not today birdie
I will make you wait
For I will live for atleast today.
I must survive atleast today
I have to eat atleast one morsel
I promised her ... I promised her
but this seems a tough promise to keep.
"- Sabith

No comments: